Subscribe to RSS Feed

Sunday 28 July 2013

Wicca After Years Of Witchcraft

Wicca After Years Of Witchcraft
I began studying Witchcraft in the late 60's, before the word "Wicca" ever arrived in my local bookstore. There was no internet to find instant information. You see, I've been in "the craft" for more than 40 years now. Yes, I'm an old Crone and feel I'm entitled to my opinions and have a lifetime of experience to back it up. Do I think I'm always right? Of course not! One thing is for certain. "Things always change. "Things like the way people communicate, the way others perceive Witchcraft, how we practice it, and why we do the things we do, etc. It never ceases to amaze me how someone in the craft that is new (especially those in it between 4 to 7 years perceive themselves as an expert in Witchcraft, ready to correct a fellow Wiccan for the small things that make us all different. Like any religion, we are still individuals with preferences and favorite things about our beliefs that we like to hold on to, as well as a varied combination of life experiences. This is all good. You can always tell a well seasoned Witch by the way she or he is accepting of the ways of others. You see, Wicca is all about love and acceptance in all things on earth, including the opinions of others. Just because we disagree doesn't mean that it's important to jump in, criticize, correct, push aside, or ridicule. I have always found that the best path in such cases is to stand back, and say to myself: " Very well, they're on a learning path". In fact I personally feel that we all continue to learn until the day we pass, and some of us are just a little further down the path than others. There will always be another who feels their opinion is more important than yours. Oh... and this a good thing!