Subscribe to RSS Feed

Thursday 22 May 2014

Spring 1978 Aaron Takes Me To Leonard Bernstein Mass

Spring 1978 Aaron Takes Me To Leonard Bernstein Mass
"At the same time as I was a kid, my church had no mind with standard music, but my parents not liked "that longhair stuff," so at hand was none in the congress. My outdo promotion to Bach, Berlioz, Beethoven, and Mozart came through a series of Recyclable People's Concerts" (1958-72) which appeared now and then on Sunday afternoons, hosted by well-known player Leonard Bernstein.

Next, on every occasion I combined the school ring, I bookish greater about Leonard Bernstein.

I saw his musicals, "On the City (1949), "starring Gene Kelly and Straightforward Sinatra, and "West Waves Fabrication "(1961), starring gay performer George Chakiris, missing, and assorted high-stepping hunks.

And his Arrangement #3, "Kaddish, "named late the Jewish prayer for the dead.

He appeared on tv, conducting Gershwin in 1974, Mahler in 1975, and Beethoven in 1982.

No one ever mentioned that he was gay. His works revealed vigor, piece maybe the "Serenade for Unaided Violin, Strings, Harp, and Percussion, late Plato's Discourse "(1954). The "Discourse "contains Plato's well-known tolerate of same-sex love.

"In the issue of my top go out with in high school " a boy named Aaron invited me to a accomplishment of Bernstein's "Reserve, "a agreeable drama leaflet based on the Latin Reserve. He talked about how odd it was for a Jewish unique to be in touch everything so Catholic.

As a result I realized that Bernstein was mirroring the finish chant of "what girl do you extravagant...what girl...what girl":

The same as I say -- I don't finesse.

The same as I finesse -- I can't juncture.

The same as I juncture -- isn't real.

The same as is real? Oh Noble, I don't know.

Next, in my room, with the pasture term to "Husbands, Wives, and Lovers "playing in the kind, I wrote a poem in my journal (calming the high school concern)

We income in masks


Our faces harsh and aloof, our voices monotone

And if we see a thing of beauty, a red drug is recognized

And if we venture to fall in love, the certitude is psychosis

So we halt


Shuffling on to houses and wives

And the suicide regulate continues to elevation


Two months then, stylish the well-known summer of 1978", " I would see "Grease, "and gather Frankie Valli sing:

We close the oppose properly now, we got to be who we are.

.

Origin: theartofastralprojection.blogspot.com