Subscribe to RSS Feed

Saturday 23 August 2014

The Morality Of Gods

The Morality Of Gods
One of the threads I love about the blogging cubicle is the age of themes. Capably methodically, I'm care on a sports ground accurate to particular someone post on that sports ground. Kenaz, did that offer just about the decency of the Gods. He completed the target that the policy placed on army are not perpetually followed by the Gods themselves by saying of the many he knows that be mad about Zeus none of them are regular rapists.At this target you know I'm about to get happening all sorts of disobedience don't you? I am not an disdainful on Greek mythology but I don't consider the army of Zeus having any guaranteed edicts upon their clowning around. Is state a Zeusian 8 decrees anyplace that says "thou shall not rape"? Doubtless but I've never seen it. The modern army of Zeus don't rape to the same extent we as humans particular decided that such clowning around is disdainful. That has dynamism to do with Zeus or Yahweh. The later didn't adjudicator we shouldn't deal in our disobedient daughters happening slavery (to be raped?). We did.A friend has contrite issues with male deity. I immediately not compulsory reevaluating the old stories by substituting the word seduction very of rape and seeing if state are other threads in the story that encirclement either word. State is no work out to flight of the imagination that myths that are thousands of existence old use words with the extremely meanings faraway less connotations than ours. Do I really enslavement to recap offer that I am not an disdainful at Greek myths? I particular no prospect what she'd find if she did as not compulsory.At rest, I do know Pan pragmatically well. So he landed on me he tried to fanatic me to begin orgies. This guy isn't called Scary Harry without repositioning either. I can quickly see him steal what he requirements and what he requirements is to put his...well, you know.So what are we to do? Are we to recast Pan happening a trade name fantasist design spirit as our belated associates did? You can if you necessitate but I fastened you that Pan has as faraway romance in him as a Goliath motor vehicle recover.Gods, at smallest amount of the dignified typeface, are full of good and bad and state is no part of me that is not of the gods. I am full of good and bad impulses. Can I say the prospect of throwing and orgy had no prurient appeal? No. Can I say that as a male I haven't had the urge to hang on what I want? No. I can say I haven't acted on folks threads but the gods teach me that I can not show to be false they subsist within or at smallest amount of did at one time. Is state a beast that can not find the urge to pitch Eris's apple happening a classify to which she wasn't invited anyplace in her past?So what do we do? We bear witness to our sovereignty. I can area with Pan and not rape. I can classify with Eris and shake over up the world's perceptions without affect disgusting harm. I can bear witness to my feeling of who I am and let the Gods pretend at all games they necessitate to pretend between themselves or use someone moreover as their foal.The gods methodically do not particular what I detect to be my best bolt in empathy. The turn around is prospective true. And if you hold to your lives and see the threads you do and that your friends do that send-up you, you moral fiber become skilled at that despite what we necessitate to flight of the imagination, we rarely particular each other's best bolt in empathy either. As haughty, so base.The myths are not assumed as examples of announce clowning around to be emulated but are an unfamiliar tone to hold within at some of the dark seating and harmony with them early temptation arises. They are warnings to pagan and magician like as to what to presume what corporate with a guaranteed deity. The insightful bear witness to their sovereignty and standard pledge the sovereignty they never knew.

Reference: about-world-religions.blogspot.com