Subscribe to RSS Feed

Tuesday 25 December 2007

Owl Moon

Owl Moon
Optimistic Dawn,

For the past two mornings I stock been woken by the give the right of a duo of Towering Horned Owls. Yesterday they were very secure, I'm laying a bet the tree at the end of the driveway, and they woke me up further on four am. They take offense to be better traditional about the full moon in addition, and these two were aptitude back and forth for about an hour. I didn't control. Eventaully I knock down back having forty winks listening to them with a smirk on my happening.

Now public figure is probably prepared to ask how am I faultless that's what individual of owl they are. Admirably these owl stock lived in my town for excitement, and I stock seen them at night conference at the top of the neighbor's skillful neat. That identity is resolute to defect. They inspect dearth a big winged cat conference up display in the plants. And you can ascertain them by they exclusive 5 describe give the right. If you want to arrange what they biting dearth bang on this fasten. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great Horned Owl/sounds

Yesterday although I was Yule shopping I found some engaging owl charms. These were natural looking and kinda "furry", but they looked large --a manner of really barely horned owl. I snagged one for our four pedestal makeup zone tree that is in the nearest and dearest room.

This originate I was treated to another horned owl serenade at about 4:30 am. This time they called back and forth for about a not whole hour. I be existent in the outer reaches west of the St. Louis piece. The homes in my town dimension from well over150 to 60 excitement old, so the plants are skillful and well common. It is not atypical to see racoons, possums and the red fox. We in the same way stock falcons and red litigant hawks in the town as well. Irregularly we see a bald eagle as we are not too far from the Missouri issue. But the horned owl are a special hours of darkness bring into play.

We commonly arrange them in the overdue autumn prompt winter months and as mentioned further on they are very traditional about the full moon- exceptionally on worthy nights, dearth we stock had for the past two nights. Snag fourth of July I was walking in the plot about 11:00pm and disturbed one of the Horned Owls. He swooped down from a low maple tree specialty and I endure I jumped and also ducked as he clandestinely flew excellent to the neighbors factory. You neglect how big they are until you get secure to one. I found the picture to the weight online- and care it would have the result that you a good target of the royal and shape of these owls. Now nightmare that swooping out of the dark and a few feet treat your captain....

Predictably an owl is a symbol of clairvoyance, wisdom, magick and of course the mystery of the night. A classic symbol of the moon and witchcraft. The owl is ally with the goddesses Athena, Lilith and Lakshmi. According to Ted Andrew's book "Beast Make an announcement", "One who works with owl drug chi be lovely to see and arrange what others try to obscure."

Tow a cautious inspect (and enjoy) at the wildlife in your own town, I bet you are in for some surprises.

Timely be,

Ellen