Subscribe to RSS Feed

Saturday 26 September 2009

The Hunter Moon

The Hunter Moon

HAPPY HUNTING

October 11 Tuesday

Color of the day: White

Incense of the day: Cinnamon

Today is the Hunter's Moon. This Full Moon received its name for obvious reasons, the crops are in now and the hunting season has begun. What are you hunting for at this time of your life? A new job, a new home, or a new love? During this October Full Moon, why not tap into that "hunting" vibe and work a little Full Moon magic so you can find whatever it is you are hunting for. To begin take red or deep orange candle and engrave it with a Moon symbol. Then fix it securely in its holder. Allow it to burn in a safe place. Go outdoors and watch that Hunter's Moon rise tonight. Meditate on what it is that you wish to accomplish with the magic.

As the Hunter's Moon lights


up the night,

May my goals and dreams all


come to light.

That which I am seeking,

may I quickly find,

I close up this spell with the


sound of a rhyme.

By the full October Moon


this hunting spell is now

spun,

For the good of all, so mote it be

and let it harm none.

"
"

"There's something about being out in the Full Moon holding a candle and gazing up at our Mother that make me all shivery (inside!)"

"My house is REALLY close to a chambered cairn and a duo of standing stones...I like to think of the others who lived here just standing, contemplating, wishing on the full moon...(maybe on the very same spot I stand on now!)"

Wish you were with me though.

I'm still working on protecting the Lochan I wrote about this time last month. (Remember, the supermarket wants to fill it in and build it's parking lot on top?) ATM it has the support of the area's most well known ecologist and all- round good guy, but still people would rather have the shop than the Loch. But just for the moment....

it's still here.

Happy Full Moon, Witches !

"



Origin: witchcraftforall.blogspot.com