Subscribe to RSS Feed

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Vomittingflowersim Confused To Be Considered A Wiccan You Are To Be Initiated Into A Coven With

Vomittingflowersim Confused To Be Considered A Wiccan You Are To Be Initiated Into A Coven With
vomittingflowers: I'm confused, to be considered a wiccan you are to be initiated into a coven with particular rituals that outsiders may not know of? Or can anyone practice the three fold laws and call themselves wiccan? this is something that I've seen a lot of fights over. some people say to be a wiccan, yes you must be initiated by a coven. others say you can be a wiccan without being initiated, you just have to do all the studying and whatnot on your own. some people say that if you're not initiated by a coven, you're a neo-wiccan, rather than a wiccan. personally, i think both those who belong to a coven and those who do not may be called wiccan. the lack of a coven does not make one any less wiccan, so long as they are following the same beliefs and ideas and practices. what i don't like, is when people force the title neo-wiccan on those who aren't in covens. it's sort of like 'hey lol we're better than you cause we're initiated in a coven, we're real wiccans, you're just a neo-wiccan!". on the other hand, if someone chooses to go by neo-wiccan rather than wiccan because they feel it suits them more, then that's great. as for me, I'm a wiccan, and I'm not initiated by a coven, nor do I belong to a coven, nor do I wish to. I'm perfectly happy doing my own thing, and I don't think it makes me less of a wiccan. also, a little info for you: you don't practice the threefold law, it's just a law, the way things work. the threefold law means that, whenever you put out energy, whether it is good or bad, it comes back to you threefold. in other words, if you put out negative energy, you get three times as much negative energy back. if you have other questions, message me and we'll talk!

Source: 33witches.blogspot.com