Subscribe to RSS Feed

Sunday 23 March 2014

Help Plz Beginning To Despair

Help Plz Beginning To Despair
It's a sin to be attached to the world.I'm attached to the world but I don't want to be! I don't want this attachment and I fight it every day! I'm too afraid to go out and do anything because I feel that I am sinning by putting myself in a near occasion of sin by going into a non sinful situation with the intention of doing an activity most imporantly for the love to God...but knowing I will most likely fall short of that or will be strongly tempted to fall short of it and end up having some some attachment to the thing I was doing and not showing more importance to God! (for example, going to a friend's house for the glory of God but end up fighting off a strong urge to be excited more for the friend than glorifying God)Now I feel like I have to stay isolated all day and only do things that are obligatory for me to live and are remote occasions of sin such as eat, sleep, work, and going to church!Even worse I think willfully avoiding sin due to fear instead of love of God is a sin too so I'm afraid to even go out because there will be a strong possibility I will have to avoid sin do to servile fear, thus causing me to sin!People will say these are imperfections, but I have been told that imperfections are sins too! So I just assume intentional imperfections=sinHow do I overcome this? Am I overreacting?I understand that I have been told to talk to a spiritual director but I don't have one right now and it is too late to conatact a priest! :(

Origin: asatru-religion.blogspot.com