Subscribe to RSS Feed

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Solitary Heathen

Solitary Heathen
My name is Jack Smith, I am 27, and I am an Asatru Re-constructionist living in Bakersfield, CA. I am matrimonial to a magnificent person who accepts my Heathenry, but she is not a heathen herself, I own up a magnificent links and even my wife's links is teeming with good nation state, but none of them are heathens, in my two being of studying Heathenry I own up not found dissimilar Heathen in my neck of the wood, I own up found other pagans, overall Wiccans, but I am not a Wiccan, I am a Heathen, and equally I street community who do as you are told the Wiccan path, I cannot do as you are told it myself. In my readings and wanderings, in actuality on the internet, I own up found many discouraging sites someplace it is thought that solitary heathens neediness not be realistic, that it is one way or another rude to be solitary. I disagreement with that presumption, I assume that dowry are many out dowry like me, who are solitary and cannot help it, even if a Associations hew inside my lap, I quiet wouldn't be accomplished to enjoy it comprehensively in the same way as my links is not heathen, my partner, as understanding as she is, is quiet a christian, and won't be uninvolved of any of the rituals that would go on. My best friend, as distend a man as he is, is quiet a saintly christian and also, would not star as. I assume what I am disruptive to say, is that a Associations (asatru community) imperfect my family members (my sell links and friends) would not be a family members I would assume consequence my time. So I own up come to state that my family members has to be my sell links and friends, and blond in the same way as they do not star as in my rituals does not make them any less a family members. Yes, asatru is a social religion, but in these modern period, I assume we own up to modernize what it route to be a social religion, not all of us are lucky heaps to own up apt up in a community that has outstanding than a faint few Heathens. So, the dictate of this blog is to expand upon my last name of On your own Heathenry, so that most likely others, who are in my majesty can gaze at the Gods in dowry own way, this is not a "this is how I do it and so you requirement do as you are told everything I say to the 'T', blog" Rather, it is a place someplace I am on tenterhooks to allowance my experiences and so if you reign to do as you are told and add your own twists, as a result that is forcefully encouraged as far as I am unfortunate. In the end, I am outstanding making this blog for myself, in that I own up no one really to allowance this with, no one articulate me would understand, hell, partly of my links would most likely burn me in person if I told them about my such as a heathen and all that it entails. I mechanism to contain in this blog, rituals that I own up adapted, books I own up read, and even hobbies I own up industrious up as an effect of such as a heathen. So sit back, stop, own up some ale and enjoy.

Origin: spellscasting.blogspot.com