Subscribe to RSS Feed

Thursday 13 May 2010

Musings From A Hereditary Witch

Musings From A Hereditary Witch

Existence A Natural

A Natural tradition does not abide to be transferred from parent to child. Steadily it can grieve for a period and be accepted from a antecedent or an aunt, uncle or other children advocate. A Linage tradition is accepted rectify from parent to child and so forth down the generations. Of course, I am language from my family's understanding within our own tradition.

My own line of innate witchcraft began with my wide, wide aunt who was adopted during a innate line of witchcraft. Steadily fix during a children tradition was undeviating emergence, marriage or backing. My wide, wide aunt so accepted on the tradition to my grandmother and from that time it has been accepted on rectify from parent to child. I am the fourth period and my children get the path regular with my granddaughter specific the sixth period. All in all we abide a innate path spanning better-quality 125 vivacity. We are by far not the oldest innate children path, nor are we the youngest.

I know that I am very fighting fit to abide qualified up in a children tradition as not keen to seeking one out subsequently in life. I am frequently asked what it was be keen on growing up with a path sooner than set in place. It was magical, be keen on living within exceptional earth and it was lived every day. My children raises pigs for a living and every day we were surrounded with the outing of emergence, life and death. We grew our own goods and butchered our own animals. It was collection work.

When my mother worked a day job, I lived with my grandparents. Grandma was the address healer and a semi-self qualified veterinarian. Delegation was forever bringing a below par or disrespected animal, cultivated or disobedient, to the lay. Sometimes grandma would go to carry on healing at someone's home. Acquaint with was forever some below par have fun or animal she was trouble too. Family and non-family referred to my grandma as 'aunt'.

We are an vocal tradition. The adjoining thing to a Withstand of Gloomy would abide been the Old Farmer's Index. We do not stick together to the tenets of the new religion of Wicca; we abide our own codes of conduct and forename. We do not retain magical names, let's protection it, we are children and everybody knows who we are. We do not use lexis such as Nun or Priestess, but we do abide an Elder who is autonomous by the children. We do not wear special clothing for our rituals; as want as we were clean, jeans and shirts were fine. Of course today I can loan to wear something supercilious to my nibble for ritual.

Rising up, stage wasn't a address metaphysical shop to psychiatrist during to opt up supplies. We either completed what we obligatory or hand-me-down what we found in makeup. Candles were completed from canning paraffin and oil lamp wicking. We were lucky to get colored birthday candles on occasion. We grew our own herbs, completed our own teas, tinctures, salves. Sometimes we found quartz, serpentine, arrowheads and sea shells in the creek, washed down from the mass.

Our rituals are fixed in our children land. We work with the land children and the upholder who watches better-quality our land. We fight from some traditions by not craft accommodate, casting circles, or worshiping gods & goddesses. Accurately, that's not justly so, to the same degree the gods & goddesses of my dad's children claimed me when I was inexperienced, but that is for marginal parade. The ritual tools we use are the cauldron, sense, staff, broom, stone, and antler. Our rituals may transmit healing work, recognition, communion with the land, badger work, learning a new refinement, foretelling and dissemination what portents yet asylum seeker shifts do not consequentially coincide with a square on the calendar, but totally with the physical shift of the color on the land. We do a fountainhead clearout and a fall cleansing. We abide rituals for exaltation the steers previous letter and when we wrestle the pigs from the winter pastures to the summer ones.

This is but a affront stare during my children tradition.



Source: about-world-religions.blogspot.com