Subscribe to RSS Feed

Saturday 21 August 2010

Religion And Politics A Dangerous Mix

Religion And Politics A Dangerous Mix
Discussing politics was not one of the main focuses of this blog when I began, however, I feel it is necessary to address the issue when one "party" or another chooses to interject religion and dig into the deep-rooted faith of its' followers in an effort to sway votes in their favor. Let me begin by stating that I have the greatest respect for each and every person and their private spiritual (and political) connections, UNTIL their doctrines or beliefs cause malice, threat of safety, or harm to another.

IN THE IMAGE SHOWN, IT WOULD BE APPARENT TO ME THAT NOT EVEN GOD HAS A "VOTE" IN THIS UPCOMING ELECTION. HIS JOB WAS LIKELY SHIPPED OVERSEAS BY THE REPUBLICANS AND THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER HIS STATUS, DUTIES AND REPUTATION HERE IN THE STATES!

I sincerely hope that someone can tell me the image above is NOT real, and point to some evidence on Snopes.com for explanation. IF this is truly happening, I would like to know which churches are doing this and where they are located. The act is not only degrading to the God(s) we worship, but is also insulting to the intelligence and common sense of humans following their own paths. While it is true that STUDIES HAVE SHOWN A GOOD PORTION OF THE HUMAN POPULATION IS "EASILY SUGGESTIBLE" AND "WISH TO BE LED", the mere act of trying to coerce and influence people to make particular choices by using the things most sacred to them is nothing short of deplorable and pathetic! It should ALSO be illegal!

I do not align myself with one party or another (Republican or Democrat), and have voted for each through the years depending on several factors having nothing to do with "party affiliations". Lately, however, I am sickened by the "scare tactics", lies and deceitful actions of the Republican party (beginning with Bush Jr, in my opinion).

It is not my intention to attempt to sway my readers to vote for one person or the next to lead our country. I will say, however, that our leader is meant to "work for us, and not the other way around". I would not choose a God who suggested that I should further divide myself from other humans through "labels", "income statuses", "race", "religion", or ANYTHING else! I would NOT choose a leader who skewed the facts and figures, who had no solid or lasting platform regarding issues affecting us, or who has already written off 47% of us as being lazy, uncaring, self-induced "victims" of poverty (that truly was instigated due to the actions or in-actions of an 8-year reign from a person in his OWN party). No "God" that I know of would stoop so low as to turn one of his potential followers against the other...even though many have erroneously taken His Word to mean JUST THAT.

Those are the people I fear the most...the ones "playing God" with our lives and attempting to pollute and influence our minds! We each have dreams and goals and plans. We HAVE a voice! Take some time to discover the ways YOU MAY BE "MESMERIZED" BY IDIOTIC AND SELF-SERVING AGENDAS. Then, speak up and demand equality, fairness and practical solutions for the good of ALL of us...not just 53% (or more accurately, ONE PERCENT) of us. VOTE with your brain, your instincts and your intelligence!

"Known in the Pagan Community as the "Green Witch", POLLY TASKEY is descended from Mary Bradbury (Perkins). She shares her interests through the PAGAN BY DESIGN BLOG and MESSAGE BOARDS. If reprinted, this byline and links shown here must be included."