Subscribe to RSS Feed

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Sharing Pearls Sundayfaithfullness

Sharing Pearls Sundayfaithfullness
I sometimes wonder how many blessings we miss because we feel inferior? I remember how I use to feel if someone came to church that played the piano. I wanted to find a corner to sit in and let them play. Most of the time I played the organ or piano because there was no one else who knew one note from another. I remember the day I told the Lord that I needed help along this line. It was as if He said "Do your best and I will help."

We had a revival and a special singer in years past. I lost sleep even thinking about the special singer. He sang tenor and all his songs had to be transposed. At that time I did not know how to transpose to another key. I knew this was out of my realm. But the Lord always helps just in time. I knew what to do when I needed to. The Lord showed me. I had to rewrite the songs and put them down on paper, but I could do it. We made it through the revival just fine. The singer would give me the songs the night before and I had the day to get them done. One song in particular I tried that he had not given me. I had it down on paper. The last service he felt led to sing a certain song and looked at me knowing he had not given that song to me.

I told him it was okay ~ I had it. It was the very song that I had played around with. The Lord did it again!

So many times when I thought I was not up to a certain task I knew that all I could do was my best. That's all the Lord required. Even in writing I know there are real writers out there, but all I can do is my best. The Lord does not call us to be faithful to someone else's talent. He requires us to be faithful to what he has given us indiviually.

I remember Moses, when called by God, wanted to use him to lead His people out of bondage. I can hear Moses telling the Lord that he was not eloquent of speech. But God said: "MY SERVANT MOSES IS NOT SO, WHO IS FAITHFUL IN ALL MINE HOUSE." NUMBERS 12:7 Moses was faithful with that which God had given him to do. God requires individual faithfulness of us all. Moses could not look at Aaron, his brother. Or Miriam, his sister. They had their place and God used them. They were accountable for what God had given them. Moses was responsible for what God required of him. They all played a part but in different capacities.

As you look at the parable of the talents (Matthew 25) you will notice that the Lord of the house did not require the servant with five talents to be faithful with the talent that He had given the servant with only one, or the servant with two talents to be faithful with the five He had given another servant. Each servant was required to be faithful with what he was given (with his own talent)... not with what another servant was given. This should be a great comfort to us. Too often we feel like we have to be doing what someone else is doing or we aren't doing enough, or we are missing it somewhere. This is a trick of the enemy to burden us down with a lot of busyness in our flesh and cause us to take on more than God has called us to do.

Each of us must be faithful with what God has given us to do and not feel that we have to do what someone else is doing. God will not require anything more of you than what He has given you. If He didn't give you "five talents" He won't require you to give an account of five talents. So don't worry about what someone else is doing... just be faithful with what God has called you to do. Be faithful with the "one" if that is all He has given you.... and do it in such a way that God will be glorified.

By Aliene @ meditationsandmemories.blogspot.com