Subscribe to RSS Feed

Sunday 2 February 2014

Leaving Christmas Behind

Leaving Christmas Behind
Because I live at home it is hard to not celebrate Christmas day but when I am older and moved out I do plan to. My reason for this is because, I don't celebrate Divali so why should I celebrate a Christian festival?It wouldn't be as if I am missing out either, considering that the Winter Solstice and Yule is very close by and most Christmas traditions are historically Pagan anyway. For this reason I wish to celebrate Yule on the 21st of December and pass the 25th on by - with teh exception of the twelve days of Yule prayer which continues...The solstice is also my New Year and so why shouldn't it be a huge celebration!? And so why would I miss Christmas? I will still exchange gifts with my loved ones, but in the name of my chosen day of celebration - which I think if I still show respect to their belief,may it be Christian or not, then it is fair enough?A Christian wouldn't celebrate Divali so why should a Pagan celebrate Christmas? I'd like to do this when I have my own home, but I will begin as of now, not taking advantage of other religions holy days for the sake of personal gain.

Origin: witchnest.blogspot.com