Subscribe to RSS Feed

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Pagan Carols

Pagan Carols
As we are approaching Yule, it dawned on me yesterday that I really didn't know any Pagan carols suitable for the season. All I know are the traditional Christmas carols. I am browsing the community forums over at Sacred Mists and one of my sisters posted a carol that she had found online. It is to the tune of Silent Night. A Pagan Silent NightSilent night, Solstice Night All is calm, all is bright Nature slumbers in forest and glen Till in Springtime She wakens again Sleeping spirits grow strong!Sleeping spirits grow strong! Silent night, Solstice night Silver moon shining brightSnowfall blankets the slumberingEarth Yule fires welcome the Sun's rebirth Hark, the Light is reborn! Hark, the Light is reborn! Silent night, Solstice night Quiet rest till the LightTurning ever the rolling Wheel Brings the Winter to comfort and heal Rest your spirit in peace! Rest your spirit in peace! Words by Ellen ReedI absolutely love this :) If anyone knows of any others that you would like to share I would love to see them. :) I also looked online and came across a link that you may like as well. It also has several Pagan Carols. http://www.joellessacredgrove.com/Carols/carols.html