Subscribe to RSS Feed

Monday 26 September 2011

Mesopotamian Deities

Mesopotamian Deities
Twas the eve of midwinter, and all through the covenThe Witches were cooking strange things in the oven.There were mugwort frittatas, and dragon's-blood stewAnd mescaline eggnog and mandrake fondue.There were hot mountain oysters and road-kill pat'eAnd spotted-owl kidneys, and wombat flamb'e.The circle was cast and the herbs had been smokedIn hopes that the Goddess would soon be invoked.When out by the hot tub arose such a clatterI jumped on my broom to see what was the matter.And what should I see in the blackberry thornsBut a soaking wet Goddess and eight unicorns!"I was just sitting down with my vibrating phallusAnd a good book," she muttered, "You bitches are callous.I came when you called, over all my objections,And got lost in the woods -- you give lousy directions.You turkeys invoked me, now look at my dressMy period's late and I've got PMS."She cursed as she muttered; she looked like a wreckThe unicorns whimpered and sat on the deck.We gave her some weed and we got her some grubWe bought her clean towels and she soaked in the tub.Then she rose, hot and dripping, and gave us her blessingAnd jumped in her chariot, without even dressing!"On Isis! On Eris! Oya and Astarte!On Ishtar! Inanna! Kali and Hecate!"We heard her exclaim as she climbed through the air"Thank Goddess there's only eight sabbats a year!" by Aurora Borealis Medicine Turkey

Credit: mysteryvoodoo.blogspot.com